Re: text/markdown effort in IETF (invite)

Sean,

Le 10 juil. 2014 à 04:30, Sean Leonard <dev+ietf@seantek.com> a écrit :
> Here is the link:

Thanks for posting this.
For those who want a thread view
http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/apps-discuss/current/threads.html#12338

As for the current draft itself
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-seantek-text-markdown-media-type-00

> With this said, I also posted to markdown-discuss@six.pairlist.net, and it seems there is a lot of discussion there. I am going to attempt more participation there.

And the same here.
http://six.pairlist.net/pipermail/markdown-discuss/2014-July/thread.html#3027

>> https://github.com/karlcow/markdown-testsuite/blob/master/markdown-spec.html
>> and some discussions on the issues.
>
> Thanks. I reviewed it.

Note that there's more need for hand to edit it, than review at this stage ;)
But if you find time to review it, opening issues on https://github.com/karlcow/markdown-testsuite/issues?direction=desc&sort=updated&state=open is more than welcome.

> I'll probably put it on GitHub or some other place after the IETF 90 meeting in a couple of weeks.

That's cool. I will insert a reference in the document too.

> I consider the syntax specification as out-of-scope for the (proposed) IETF work.

Agreed. Previous discussions at W3C have often said that the spec should carry the mime-type information. I don't have strong beliefs about it apart that there should be links in between the documents for helping developers.

So thanks again.

--
Karl Dubost 🐄
http://www.la-grange.net/karl/