From: Max Albrecht [mailto:1@178.is]
Sent: 22 November 2012 19:44
To: public-markdown@w3.org
Subject: Re: header syntax.

On 22 Nov 2012, at 19:20, Shane McCarron <ahby@aptest.com> wrote:

Beyond that, I feel it would be nice if we could avoid 'invalidating'
existing MD content that adheres to the syntax rules specified in that
original MD spec.

I strongly agree.

Disclaimer: I am completely new to this process, but I *think* I understood
the 'scope' of the 'baseline' as Dave explained.

But: What good is (even a 'baseline') a spec if it breaks the output of
existing content?

In case of the # Title #####:

What practical arguments speak against not including it?

I also don't think it adds to much complexity to any implementation to just
ignore this charactes after any valid title.

Wouldn't something along the lines of "An "ATX-Style"* Title can be followed
by any number of #-characters" be sufficent?

* or however the ATX style Title will be called.

 Max