Re: extension of markdown files

Yeah - I think their definition of the word is silly.  The original XHTML
Note about it didn't use that word.  See
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/NOTE-xhtml-media-types-20090116/ for pretty
reasonable guidance.  There was a Draft that never god published for
political reasons that was even better... it is at
http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2010/ED-xhtml-media-types-20100218/

--
Shane P. McCarron