Re: Updated registration

On Wed, 2020-04-15 at 15:15 -0600, Amelia Bellamy-Royds wrote:
> Thanks for the edits, Ted.
>
> I still think it might be helpful to have an explicit “Name” and
> “Affiliation” field separate from the “Bio”, so that we don't have to
> infer or follow-up for people who left that out.  Otherwise, I think
> your wording covers the necessary warnings for making the info
> public.

So I just checked both paths to register, with and without (provide
email instead) a W3C account. With former we have name and affiliation
for all accounts.

For the email route it requires:

Information about you

    Email:  ted@example.com
    Family Name:  (*)
    Given Name:   (*)
    Employer:     (*)
    Job position:

position optional.

> For talk and hack-session proposals, the CFP currently suggests that
> the actual content of the proposal be sent by email. We can change it
> to have them included in the registration form, of course, but then
> we want to emphasize that people can submit the basic details of
> their registration and modify it later. (Which I think you can do on
> WBS.)

Correct, you can return and edit response.

Presentations are hard to get in advance, slides often completed day
beforehand. I require talk title and get an understanding of topic by
email if not by phone.

Fuller proposals take time and I like trying to get something shorter
up front to help shape the agenda.

> Oh, and one last thing (this was my slip up), two meetings ago, we
> had a discussion about changing the wording to “workshop series”,
> instead of workshop. I put those edits in the website this weekend,
> but didn't think about them when I emailed last week!

I fixed most of the workshop to workshop series, I left one question
title workshop but the question uses series.

--
Ted Guild <ted@w3.org>
W3C Automotive Lead