Meeting Low Vision User Needs -- Re: [wbs] response to 'EOWG Weekly Survey - 12 February 2016'

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Feb 2016 19:35:29 -0600
To: brent.bakken@pearson.com
Cc: public-low-vision-comments@w3.org
Brent Bakken via WBS Mailer <https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35532/12-Feb-weekly/results#xq6> wrote:

>> ---------------------------------
>> Accessibility Requirements for People with Low Vision – other comments
> Comments:
> I have added a couple of issues in GitHub. I don't feel they need to be
> addressed before FPWD. One other question I had; will there be any
> techniques or recommendations spelled out as to how to address or implement
> the User Needs outlined in the green boxes? Will there be information about
> "what" to do?
>
> Document looks good so far.

Thank you for your comments, Brent.

Yes, the Low Vision Task Force does plan to provide guidance on meeting User Needs in this document (although some may be out of scope for details, e.g., those primarily the operating system responsibility).

Future planned LVTF work is listed in a few places including:
* in the document at <http://w3c.github.io/low-vision-a11y-tf/requirements.html#h-sotd> after "This document will provide the foundation for planned future work including:..."
* in the LVTF home page under <https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/#about>

The Task Force looks forward to EOWG input on this future work as well. :)

Regards,
~Shawn