From: Jon Avila <jon.avila@levelaccess.com>
Sent: 02 January 2023 23:23
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: RE: Study: The effect of serifs and stroke contrast on low vision reading

Hi Andrew, I understand what is being said about low contrast stroke.

When I speak to people who prefer low contrast (lightness) text - I believe it's not about recognition of the text but about the impact that high contrast has on the visual system.  Some people report that high contrast patterns can cause migraine like symptoms.  So it's more about the impact which prevents them from staring at high contrast lightness text.

Jonathan