Re: Lighting standards

Not a requirement, but there are guidelines from 2015.  https://www.nibs.org/files/pdfs/NIBS_LVDP_Guidelines_2015.pdf. Thank you for championing this.

Jonathan

________________________________
From: Christine <ondersmum@gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, August 10, 2023 1:03:41 PM
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Lighting standards

Can you help me please? I am trying to find information about lighting requirements in public places to ensure that the visually impaired and elderly can see properly.

This is specifically re our HOA community of 3000 homes here in California where we have an events center, restrooms and cafe that are very poorly lit. Even for ordinary people. Hoping to find legal requirements that they must adhere to.  My searches on the Internet have been fruitless.

Thanks for any advice.

Christine Ondersma