Re: Warning: The Understanding Reflow gonly 200% text.

Here is my concern:
We have a new breakpoint based on low vision. It is the 320x180 or 320x200
point. This is for no mainstream market, so market pressure will not keep
developers honest.

I have worked with lots of middle-tier developers over the years. They do
take short cuts --usually innocently. I think that the current wording is
ambiguous.

"If text is reduced in size when people zoom in (or for small-screen
usage), it should still be possible to get to 200% enlargement." This does
not refer to running text in general, but that is not excluded. Also,
reduction to 10px (7 1/2 pt) is excessive. I assume that it was chosen
because 10x2=20, but it is a bad example for perception.

Suggestion: Discuss 1.4.4 for what it is. Even if the platform cannot
support reflow, 200% is required. That will address tablet and phone apps
that turn of zoom in the HEAD element.

The issue of reducing large print elements like for narrow screen display
should be a Technique. That shows that reducing headings a reasonable
amount is sufficient to meet the criterion without suggesting that reducing
the size of running text is a way to satisfy the criterion.

We need an LVTF Meeting to discuss this. It needs to be clear so that
developers know what to do.

Best, Wayne