low contrast borders OK

From: Shawn Henry <shawn@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 14 Mar 2018 21:05:23 -0500
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi Low Vision Task Force folks,

We are redesigning the WAI website. We plan to announce the prototype soon (but not yet, so please wait to share info :-).

The current design iteration has low contrast underlines under h2s and around some boxes -- that are mostly in-page contents and "asides" -- with headers. These should be subtle, and thus we do not want them to have high contrast. Contrast is not necessary, given the headers/headings (and indentation).

For example, please see <https://w3c.github.io/wai-intro-accessibility/fundamentals/accessibility-intro/>

I just wanted to run this by the Task Force before we announced it, to get confirmation that this is good accessibility and usability considering all users.

Thanks,
~Shawn