W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org > March 2018

Minutes: Low Vision Task Force 8 March 2018

From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2018 11:34:35 -0600
Message-ID: <CA+=z1Wke-DCG3O8LOkq6Uj0GUSKCj4yOdf44UsPS3o2U26jeNw@mail.gmail.com>
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
 https://www.w3.org/2018/03/08-lvtf-minutes.html

Low Vision Accessibility Task Force Teleconference08 Mar 2018Attendees
PresentJim, Shawn, Erich, Laura, JohnRochfordRegretsChairJimScribeerich
Contents

   - Topics <https://www.w3.org/2018/03/08-lvtf-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. WCAG21 timeline
      <https://www.w3.org/2018/03/08-lvtf-minutes.html#item01>
   - Summary of Action Items
   <https://www.w3.org/2018/03/08-lvtf-minutes.html#ActionSummary>
   - Summary of Resolutions
   <https://www.w3.org/2018/03/08-lvtf-minutes.html#ResolutionSummary>

------------------------------

<jallan> close item 2

<JohnRochford> Having Internet trouble. Will connect when resolved.

<scribe> scribe: erich
WCAG21 timeline

<jallan> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/WCAG_2.1_timeline/Details

JA: First draft of implementation report due by March 15th

<jallan> close item 4

<jallan> open item 3

<jallan> https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG21/CR/implementations

<jallan> instructions https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG21/CR/

<jallan> Note: do not use / (slash) in any of the fields when creating an
implementation

<jallan> we think it is ok to use a slash in the report fields.

<jallan> link to create a NEW implementation report -
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/WCAG21/CR/select_site

<jallan> close item 3

<jallan> Open item 5:

<jallan> Open item 5

<jallan> AG group will be reviewing Non-Text and Text Spacing

JA: AG will be reviewing Non-Text Contrast and Text Spacing, Jim still
working Reflow and Steve working Hover

<jallan> lc: use stylish to test text spacing

<laura> Stylish's WCAG 2.1 Text Spacing Test Style:

<laura> https://userstyles.org/styles/154735/wcag-2-1-text-spacing-test

Special Guest: Wayne Dick

<jallan> Council of low vision meeting in California in October. Might be a
good place to text LV SC

<jallan> might get 24 subjects

<jallan> may need to raise some money, if we want research

<JohnRochford> I'm sorry, but I can't join by phone.

<JohnRochford> I will muddle through with IRC.

SH: Need to figure out goals of the research. Might be input in to 2.2 or
Silver

<jallan> shawn: what are goals of research? perhaps - input into 2.2 or
Silver

SH: Would be worth coordinating with Silver

<jallan> will discuss at CSUN

<jallan> California Council of Citizens with Low Vision
http://www.ccbnet.org/groups/ccclv/ccclv.htm

<JohnRochford> I will be at CSUN and at Silver. Let me know if I can help
in any way.

Kind offer, John. Relayed to the group.

JA: Please do some testing. He will send link to techniques and
understanding docs.

<jallan> close item 5

<jallan> trackbot, end meeting
Summary of Action ItemsSummary of Resolutions[End of minutes]

-- 
Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756
voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9452 http://www.tsbvi.edu/
"We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." McLuhan, 1964
Received on Thursday, 8 March 2018 17:35:00 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Thursday, 8 March 2018 17:35:00 UTC