Re: Updates to Understanding 1.4.11 part 2

Hi John and all,

On 6/13/18, John Foliot <john.foliot@deque.com> wrote:

> Any Mac users familiar with this: https://www.focusingly.net ?
>
> I wonder aloud if it addresses the problem we're discussing (Mac's
> inaccessible native focus ring).

I think it could.

But the big question is: Is it an author's responsibility to solve a
user agent issue?

In the Hover SC discussions, I was told that it isn't an author's
responsibility. Rather, it is a Silver issue.

With Marla Runyan's techniques [2], we had author title attribute
fixes for 1.4.13 too. But that didn't stop the User Agent exception
from going into 1.4.13. [1]

Let's be consistent with how we handle the User Agent problem in  SC
1.4.13 and 1.4.11. If it is a Silver issue in one SC, it should be
Silver issue in both.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2018AprJun/0712.html