Re: Reflow: Two details

I tend to agree with the image issue. People who have LV or dyslexia often
use screen readers and get the alt-text and long description anyway. Tables
do use stupid constructs that force horizontal scrolling like using long
URLs that take up more than CSS 320px. Consider the following dummy code.

-------------------Start Code-----------------------------------
<!--a href="Whatever">
http://abcdefghijkl/mnop/qrstuv/wxyz/123456/7890</a-->
100%">
http://nosetothepage.org/Fitz/2dScroll.html
</a>
</th></tr>
As a reader of horizontal scrolling for 59 years and a mathematician, I
decided to quantify what I have always thought about the process.</td></tr>
-----------------------End Code-------------------------------------------

It will overflow.  It seems dumb, and is, but I've seen similar tabular
configurations.

I am just struck in an ironic way of the language. There does appear to be
an implied gestalt, that one must perceive the whole to operate or
understand. For example, and email client seems to think that the mailbox
tree must be visible at all times on a laptop or desktop, they drop that
for mobile presentation. Obviously that is not required for usage or
meaning. Many applications that are targeted just for laptop and desk have
similar panes that developers insist are required for usage and meaning.
They are not, but the claim can be made. At that point the irony becomes
less funny, the fact that an application can be used and comprehended with
horizontal scrolling means that the multi pane presentation is not required
for understanding and / or meaning. Do you see.

Wayne