Re: Update on Candidate Recommendation Exit Criteria

Hi Andrew and all,

Does "Accessibility support documentation is available for at least
two technologies" mean that the SC must currently work in 2
technologies such as PDF and HTML? Or does it mean that it can fail in
1 of the 2 technologies but we merely need to document the pass and
failure?

I am asking because the answer to this question will impact the
Adapting Text SC. From what I have gathered and from testing that SC
can not currently be reliably tested in PDF [1] [2]. As described in
Issue 349, VIP-PDF Reader:

* Has no adjustment for spacing underneath paragraphs [3]
* Can be difficult to set a window size of 1280px by 768px [3]
* Has internationalization issues [4]
* Presents difficulties for authors in deciding if a failure is a user
agent issue or a technology issue [5]

However, Cascading Style Sheet/HTML/JS technologies are quite able to
adapt to the specified spacing metrics [6][7].

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] Results of VIP-PDF Reader Tests for Issue 78
https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Results_of_VIP-PDF_Reader_Tests_for_Issue_78
[2] Google spreadsheet of VIP-PDF Reader Results
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1LRsAtLReBL6LnbvJQ4biQ1ER1fKbh8MDWnH
qbsW7B1o/edit#gid=1481238311
[3]https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/349#issuecomment-328969743
[4] https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/78#issuecomment-323662527
[5] https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/78#issuecomment-323961512
[6] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/wiki/Results_of_Bookmarklet_Tests_for_Issue_78
[7] Google spreadsheet of Bookmarklet Results

--
Laura L. Carlson