Re: Mean character width for 16px Google Fonts (818 Families)

Hi Wayne,

Thank you very much for doing this research. Based on this new
information, do you still consider the spacing metrics in the Adapting
Text SC [1] adequate for when a large font-family is selected and/or
increased spacing is applied to text? It currently is:

* line spacing (leading) to at least 1.5
* letter spacing (tracking) to at least 0.12 em
* word spacing to at least 0.16 em

Do we need to increase it or is it still okay?

Thanks again.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

[1] https://github.com/w3c/wcag21/issues/78