From: Laura Carlson [mailto:laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, May 17, 2017 12:01 PM
To: Repsher, Stephen J <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>; Jonathan Avila <jon.avila@ssbbartgroup.com>; Alastair Campbell <acampbell@nomensa.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Icon fonts - semantic elements

Hi Stephen, Jonathan, Alastair, and all,

On 5/17/17, Repsher, Stephen J <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com> wrote:
> .my-tree-item::before {
>  Font-family: Icon-Font;
>  content: \Code-for-Icon / "my icon label"; }

I just ran across F87: Failure of Success Criterion 1.3.1 due to inserting non-decorative content by using :before and :after pseudo-elements and the 'content' property in CSS https://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20-TECHS/F87.html

Does that cover what we need for a failure technique?

Thanks,

Kindest Regards,
Laura
--