Minutes: Low Vision Task Force 15 June 2017

source: https://www.w3.org/2017/06/15-lvtf-minutes.html

Low Vision Accessibility Task Force Teleconference 15 Jun 2017

See also: IRC log <http://www.w3.org/2017/06/15-lvtf-irc>
Present (no, one), allanj, Laura, Shawn, Jim, JohnR, Marla, Scott, Wayne,
StephenR, steverep, Glenda Regrets Chair Jim Scribe Laura

   - Topics <https://www.w3.org/2017/06/15-lvtf-minutes.html#agenda>
      1. Prioritize remaining SC for surveys before Aug 22 cutoff
      2. Issue 10 Interface control Contrast (coming up next week on AG -
      for sure) - need anything Glenda?
      3. Letter spacing
   - Summary of Action Items
   - Summary of Resolutions


<ScottM> the universe

<scribe> Scribe: Laura

Prioritize remaining SC for surveys before Aug 22 cutoff

Jim: cut off on new SCs is Aug 22
... Wayne, Jim, and Marla will work on metadata SC
... resize content should be okay.
... we will proritize later.
Issue 10 Interface control Contrast (coming up next week on AG - for sure)
- need anything Glenda?

Glenda: all dependent on pushback on research.

Jim: Gordon Legge message

<allanj> from gordon legge: Bottom line: Contrast requirements for form
controls should be equivalent to contrast requirements for text.

Glenda: let’s go with Legge’s research
... let’s call him if needed.

<Zakim> steverep, you wanted to ask if we can address my comment about
dropping "interactive"

steve: no research the other way.

<ScottM> I’ve been researching low vision for the last 42 years :)

steve: this is coming out of the LVTF. They need to trust the users with

Glenda: The Star in Google Drive is an issue.

steve: commented on Github on interactive

glenda: agree. I think the word interactive is redundant also.
... appreciate the support.

<Glenda> https://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/Top3_18Apr2017/results

glenda: On the survey 9 says ready to go. David asking for an amendment.

<Glenda> Link to survey is here

Laura: 2 on the survey say “This SC has other significant issues.”

Glenda: Greg Lowney suggests some rewording
... It is moving in the right direction.

Jim: let’s hold on 4.5:1.
Letter spacing




wayne: numbers in the SC are correct.

<allanj> https://alastairc.ac/tests/letter-spacing.html

wayne: Alistair is worried about the expansion of the fields.

jim: should be okay.
... things will wrap.
... need to discuss with Alastair.
... will contact richard ishida regarding internationalization

Laura: AG call starts in 1 minute

Marla: Next Thursday speaking on congressional briefing.
... senator Mackie is supporting.
... intersting time to be there.

<Marla> regrets next week. I am speaking at a Congressional Briefing in
Washington DC on web accessibility
Summary of Action Items Summary of Resolutions [End of minutes]

Jim Allan, Accessibility Coordinator
Texas School for the Blind and Visually Impaired
1100 W. 45th St., Austin, Texas 78756
voice 512.206.9315    fax: 512.206.9264  http://www.tsbvi.edu/
"We shape our tools and thereafter our tools shape us." McLuhan, 1964

Received on Thursday, 15 June 2017 15:43:54 UTC