Re: Simplifying popup interference

Hi Jim and all,

I can live with your version as written below, Jim.

To avoid confusion, you may want to take out all of the references to
the title attribute and the related images (we can save them for the
list discussed at today's meeting and silver).

Marla's videos/images would be a good addition in the
description/evidence sections.

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,
Laura

On 7/20/17, Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu> wrote:

> ​Popup Interference:
> For content that appears on hover or focus, the following are true:
>
> 1. ​Popup content does not render any of its triggering content invisible
> 2. Popup content remains visible while the pointer is on the popup content
> or focus is on the triggering content
>
> ​Except where
>
>    1. User agent control: The  ​popup is ​determined by the user agent and ​
> is not modified by the author.
>
> Reworded the second clause to cover different behavior for hover pointer,
> and focus. Focus would stay on the triggering content and the pointer is
> free to move around. the only way I can think that focus would get into
> popup content is if the popup is a modal type window... which is different
> from popup that are transient. That is, content that does not need a
> specific close mechanism ([x] on modal windows).
> The exception covers the "title" attribute popups and pointer obscuring
> popup

Thanks.

Kindest Regards,
Laura