Re: Adapting Text Units: Spaces, paragraphs, and ems

Hi Alastair, Stephen, John, David, Lisa, Greg, and Everyone,

Thank you Alastair!

After reading Alastair's proposal for the paragraph bullet [1], does
anyone think that it is not testable?

Incorporating it into the SC we would have:

<Start SC Text>

If the technologies being used allow the user agent to adapt style
properties of text, then no loss of essential content or functionality
occurs by adapting all of the following:

1. line height (line spacing) to at least 1.5 times the font size.
2. spacing underneath paragraphs to at least 2 times the font size (2 lines).
3. letter spacing (tracking) to at least 0.12 times the font size.
4. word spacing to at least 0.16 times the font size.

Note: Examples of text that are typically not affected by style
properties are open captions and images of text, which are not
expected to adapt.

Editor's note: The Working Group seeks to include overriding text
color, background color, and font-family as part of this SC, but is
not yet able to identify a way to do so that is sufficiently testable.

<End SC Text>

Can anyone not live with that?

Thanks everyone.

Kindest Regards,