Fwd: Compromise on popup trigger visibility

forgot to reply all
---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jim Allan <jimallan@tsbvi.edu>
Date: Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 11:09 AM
Subject: Re: Compromise on popup trigger visibility
To: "Repsher, Stephen J" <stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com>

On Wed, Aug 9, 2017 at 10:08 AM, Repsher, Stephen J <
stephen.j.repsher@boeing.com> wrote:

> Yes, exactly.
>

> ESC being hit (or any explicit action, such as if the popup has a
> close/dismiss button), are currently covered on focus, but “persistence” on
> hover is on my list to clarify with some rewording.

​current
Hover
If the popup is triggered via pointer hover, then the pointer may be moved
onto the popup without loss of popup visibility.

Hover is a special case. having the popup overlap but not obscure content
makes it easier to move the pointer onto the popup and not have it vanish.
Base on my previous comment,
​
-- popup stays open until hover is off the content or ESC is hit
the popup would be persistent until the pointer is moved off of the
trigger/popup or ESC is hit.

Am I missing something?
 ​

--