Re: test of contrast with styled form controls

Laura,
That is pretty slick. If you are using a large mouse pointer, the OS will
give you a large Not Allowed (red circle with slash) symbol. If using an
inverse mouse pointer (black mouse), the Not Allowed is a black circle with
slash. The areas within the circle are "see through" -- you can see the
content behind the circle and slash within the circle.

Another option would be to have no cursor at all
​
[disabled] {
cursor: none;
}
which i noticed immediately when trying to point at a disabled control and
the pointer disappeared.