W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org > November 2016

Re: Terminology Question

From: Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2016 13:22:37 -0500
Message-ID: <CAOavpvfBuLdX=6JieCjag3+emWbbGqv1EvYpF5PDwz5of8vH7w@mail.gmail.com>
To: Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com>
Cc: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Hi Wayne,

Yes, I think so.  Wherever we mention scrolling in an SC would likely
be a good fit such as size of all elements. We also have the Glossary
wiki page that we could use.

Kindest Regards,

On 11/4/16, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com> wrote:
> Do you think these definitions should be located in resize for now.
> That is the most relevant.
> Wayne
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 7:59 AM, Wayne Dick <wayneedick@gmail.com> wrote:
>> May I change terminology.
>> Scrolling
>> Scrolling is an action taken to bring parts of a document that are not
>> on the viewport into view.
>> Scrolling may be one dimensional (1D) meaning you scroll up and down
>> or left and right but not both.
>> Two Dimensional (2D) scrolling (2D) means you scroll up, down, left
>> and right, and even diagonally..
>> Originally I introduced the term bi-directional for 2D scrolling. This
>> was an unfortunate conflict with the bi-drirectional algorithm. May I
>> change bi-directional with 2D (two dimensional) throughout.
>> Wayne

Laura L. Carlson
Received on Friday, 4 November 2016 18:23:09 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 17 January 2020 16:23:23 UTC