Re: Your thoughts on updated "Icon Font with an On-Screen Text Alternative" Technique

After the discussion at the LVTF this week I am really think that Icon
Fonts are just icons, images. None really have the same definitive meaning
as alphanumeric characters or punctuation symbols. They have no precise
definition like mathematical symbols. Icon fonts are really non-text
content. They are mapped to character sets for convenience, but they are
just pictures.

Laura, I think your techniques are  a good start. Pictures require text
alternatives, and your code is one way to do that. Removing them from the
audio flow to prevent silly or incorrect text associated with icon font
characters, and then inserting the correct words seems exactly right.

Wayne

On Fri, Jul 29, 2016 at 12:35 PM, Laura Carlson <laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com