Re: 1100% may be physically impossible and still not achieve the results on smaller monitors

On 12/07/2016 08:04, Wayne Dick wrote:
[...]
> I'm not saying everyone needs extreme text resize. But many with severe
> low vision need it for a self paced medium. Extreme large print fills
> that need.

The main question, to me, is: what are you proposing? Is this something
that web content authors need to cater for - provide a mechanism to
enlarge text, making sure it wraps, up to 1100%? Is it a requirement for
user agents - to go beyond their current zoom limit of around 500%, and
to offer (like old Opera Mobile/Mini, and outliers like Dolphin on
mobile) a means to enlarge text size and force rewrapping of text?

I don't think anybody is disputing that having that large print will be
beneficial for certain users...the question is who this requirement is
aimed at and what you're asking them to do in order to allow for
it/achieve it.

Patrick H. Lauke