From: Laura Carlson [mailto:laura.lee.carlson@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, January 11, 2016 2:41 PM
To: public-low-vision-a11y-tf <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: Question on Terminology

Hi all,

This may be a stupid question but I was rereading the overview [1] and noticed the word "Impairment" is used several times. Is the word okay to use for people with visual disabilities or like the term "hearing impaired", some object as it describes the condition in terms of a deficiency?

Thank you.

Kindest Regards,

Laura

[1] https://www.w3.org/WAI/GL/low-vision-a11y-tf/wiki/Overview_of_Low_Vision#Overview_of_Low_Vision