RE: LVTF position on contrast requirements for interactive control states

Yes I see. That is a problem.  The automatic colors can be puke making or barely legible.

However this conversation goes we should make sure it's reflected in the LVTF findings.

-----Original Message-----
From: "Scott McCormack" <scott.mccormack@ssbbartgroup.com>
Sent: ‎4/‎1/‎2016 12:58 PM
To: "public-low-vision-a11y-tf" <public-low-vision-a11y-tf@w3.org>
Subject: RE: LVTF position on contrast requirements for interactive control states

Setting the selection color isn’t required but in cases where the default colors don’t play nice with the colors used in the page or as in my example the color is changed in such a way that the selected text is unreadable web developers need to consider color contrast for selection as well. I’ve seen cases where selecting text makes it unreadable due to the colors used. The take home message here is selected text should also meet color contrast requirements. Since selection was omitted from the CSS3 spec I don’t know where that leaves us in terms of recommending its use or advising against it.

---
Scott McCormack
Principal Technical Consultant  -- IT Manager
SSB BART Group
scott.mccormack@ssbbartgroup.com
(415)624-2712 (o)
www.ssbbartgroup.com