Re: correlation between eye conditions and functional needs

Seems to have truncated some stuff:

EffectTypeApplysCategory

Decreased acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Decreased central acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Decreased visual acuity especially distance vision

Fun

NA

acuity

Distance acuity is better than near acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Fluctuating acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Loss of visual acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

May have decreased visual acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Reduced acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Reduced visual acuity

Fun

Web

acuity

Impaired ability to achieve binocular vision

Fun

NA

binocular

May develop strabysmus

Fun

NA

binocular

May have better acuity In one eye than in the other

Fun

NA

binocular

May have strabismus

Fun

NA

binocular

Monocular vision:

Fun

NA

binocular

Muscle imbalance

Med

NA

binocular

Strabismus

Med

NA

binocular

With monocular vision, there is no depth perception and visual field is
restricted.

Fun

Web

binocular

Difficulty seeing large objects presented at close range

Fun

Web

close range

Closing the eyes

Fun

Web

closing eye

Color vision may be impaired

Fun

Web

color

Color vision may be reduced

Fun

Web

color

Colors may be seen as shades of gray

Fun

Web

color

Decreased color vision

Fun

Web

color

Diminished color vision

Fun

Web

color

Limited or no color vision

Fun

Web

color

Loss of color vision

Fun

Web

color

May cause reduced color vision

Fun

Web

color

Reduced color discrimination

Fun

Web

color

Reduced color vision

Fun

Web

color

Decreased sensitivity to contrast

Fun

Web

contrast

Loss of contrast sensitivity

Fun

Web

contrast

Decreased depth perception

Fun

NA?

depth

Loss of detail

Fun

Web

detail

Dizziness

Fun

Web

discomfort

Excessive tearing

Fun

Web

discomfort

Eye pain

Fun

Web

discomfort

Headaches

Fun

Web

discomfort

Headaches from doing close visual tasks

Fun

Web

discomfort

Uncorrected, close visual tasks may cause headache, nausea, dizziness, and
eye rubbing

Fun

Web

discomfort

Vertigo (rare)

Fun

Web

discomfort

Astigmatism

Fun

Web

distortion

Blurred vision

Fun

Web

distortion

Blurred vision at any distance (uncorrected)

Fun

Web

distortion

Blurred vision at normal reading distance

Fun

Web

distortion

Blurring of print

Fun

Web

distortion

Distorted images

Fun

Web

distortion

Distorted vision

Fun

Web

distortion

Distortion of entire visual field, which worsens in low light

Fun

Web

distortion

Flaring of images

Fun

Web

distortion

Fracturing of light (like looking through broken glass)

Fun

Web

distortion

Hazy cornea

Med

Web

distortion

Increased glare

Fun

Web

distortion

Increased sensitivity to glare

Fun

Web

distortion

Irregular astigmatism (parts of the field are in focus, and parts are out
of focus)

Fun/Med

Web

distortion

Streaking

Fun

Web

distortion

Vision may be blurred

Fun

Web

distortion

Double Vision

Fun

Web

double vision

Multiple images

Fun

NA

double vision

Eye fatigue

Fun

Web

fatigue

Eye fatigue with close or detailed work

Fun

Web

fatigue

Fatigue has a negative impact on visual performance

Fun

Web

fatigue

Visual fatigue

Fun

Web

fatigue

Visual fatigue during close or detailed visual tasks

Fun

Web

fatigue

Blind spots (scotomas)

Fun

Web

field loss

Central field loss

Fun

Web

field loss

Central scotomas

Fun

Web

field loss

Field loss

Fun

Web

field loss

Floating obstructions in the vitreous

Med

Web

field loss

Fovial involvement: loss of detail vision

Fun

Web

field loss

Loss of peripheral vision

Fun

Web

field loss

May be unaware of missing visual information

Fun

Web

field loss

May have peripheral field distortions

Fun

Web

field loss

May have scotomas in peripheral fields

Fun

Web

field Loss

May have variable field restrictions

Fun

Web

field Loss

Peripheral damage causes loss of night vision

Fun

NA

field loss

Peripheral field loss

Fun

Web

field loss

Progressive central field loss

Fun

Web

field loss

Reduced central acuity

Fun

Web

field loss

Associated with nystagmus

Fun

Web

fixation

Difficulty fixating

Fun

Web

fixation

Inability to maintain steady fixation

Fun

Web

fixation

May have nystagmus

Fun

Web

fixation

Nystagmus

Fun

Web

fixation

Stripes and other patterns may increase the rate of the nystagmus

Fun

Web

fixation

Floaters

Fun

Web

fluctuation

May have fluctuating visual abilities

Fun

Web

fluctuation

Inability to accommodate to varying focal distance

Fun

Web

focus

Inability to accommodate to lighting changes

Fun

Web

light

Slow recovery from changes in light

Fun

Web

light

Visual ability fluctuates according to light

Fun

Web

light

Lack of accommodation

Fun

Web

misc

Loss of place in visual tasks

Fun

Web

misc

Stationary objects/lights may appear to move

Fun

Web

misc

Visual confusion

Fun

Web

misc

Difficulty following fast-moving objects

Fun

Web

movement

May have reduced near vision

Fun

Web

near

Decreased night vision

Fun

NA?

night

Night blindness

Fun

NA

night

Night vision may be reduced

Fun

NA

night

Poor night vision

Fun

NA

night

Reduced night vision

Fun

Web

night

Reduced visual functioning at night or in dimly lit places

Fun

Web

night

Photophobia

Fun

Web

photophobia

May have difficulty scanning, tracking, and tracing

Fun

Web

tracking

Affects eye-hand coordination

Fun

Web

visual-motor

Effects visual-motor skills, especially reach and negotiation of steps and
drop-offs

Fun

Web

visual-motor