Re: Demo -- Combining the power of Markdown, Nanotation, and Linked Data Principles for Data Access, Connectivity, and Flow

ne 30. 4. 2023 v 21:45 odesílatel Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
napsal:

> On 4/30/23 3:40 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>
> Yep, Big Data will always inevitable be replaced by Small Webby Data (aka.
> Linked Data) :)
>
> Correction:
>
> Yep, Big Data will always *inevitably* be replaced by Small Webby Data
> (aka. Linked Data) :)

Implications:

Linked Data on the web was, IMHO, first popularized by Dan Brickley with
schema.org

The incentive mechanism was to provide a type of linked data for search
engines, as part of SEO, and things like link previews

That was a simple form of linked data, which is what that generation of
engines understood, and that generation of developers understood

It is now emerging that more complex information can be understood, and
therefore, could be a target for a whole new generation of linked data

We can start to do much more than link previews.  Whole knowledge bases in
pages, social webs, business logic.

Instead of tareging simple search engines, we can start a new system of 5*
linked data, safe in the knowledge that the engines will adapt to it,
rather than, us adapting to the engines.

What went before can be replaced with proper structured data, clean
separations, correct HR14, and modern vocabularies.

Indeed the engines will be tolerant in the transition from 4.5* linked data
to 5*, with first movers gaining the advantage.