Re: The Linked Data Event Streams specification

Hi Pieter,

We've successfully been using a profile of the Activity Streams
specification for this, documented here:
   https://iiif.io/api/discovery/0.9/#status-of-this-document.

To your three points:
* The collection is the set of distinct entities that are the object of the
activities in the stream.
* They are digital entities, so you can download them
* And the activities are typed as Create, Update, Delete, Add, Remove so
you can process them.

The algorithm at [1] shows how a consumer would keep in sync, based on the
stream.

It's not exactly the same use case perhaps, but I think it's worth
reconsidering what extensions might be needed to AS to make it work rather
than starting from scratch.

Hope that helps,

Rob

1: https://iiif.io/api/discovery/0.9/#activity-streams-processing-algorithm