Re: COVID19 Cross-Domain Linked Dataset

On 3/27/20 4:28 PM, Krzysztof Janowicz wrote:
> On 3/27/20 1:12 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 3/27/20 1:19 PM, Krzysztof Janowicz wrote:
>>> Dear all,
>>>
>>> This is an update on our open knowledge graph about COVID-19.
>>>
>>> In our knowledge graph, we have:
>>>    (1). COVID19 cases for countries and regions (data from Johns
>>> Hopkins University)
>>>    (2). Airlines that are suspended due to COVID19 (data are partially
>>> donated from Aviation Edge and partially from manual collection)
>>>    (3). Quarantine policies across the world (manually collected)
>>>    (4). Relief aids from NGO (manually collected)
>>>    (5). Regions on multiple levels
>>>    (6). Local event data such as cancellations (so far by example only)
>>>    (7). Supply chain disruptions (so far by example only)
>>>
>>> We are  updating our KG by adding more resources. Examples include:
>>>   (1). Supply chains from wikidata
>>>   (2). Virus strain data (we are collaborating with UCSD on this part
>>> right now)
>>>   (3). Research articles from Kaggle (Thanks to Pieter, we will
>>> integrate your KG to ours)
>>>
>>> This KG can be visualized at:
>>> http://covid.geog.ucsb.edu:7200/graphs-visualizations?config=48691118befc47e4a6a6aabde78cd73d
>>>

>>> Example query:
>>> http://covid.geog.ucsb.edu:7200/sparql?savedQueryName=Max%20Confirmed%20Cases&owner=admin&execute
>>>

>>> Query endpoint: http://covid.geog.ucsb.edu:7200/sparql and
>>> http://covid.geog.ucsb.edu:7200/repositories/COVID-19
>>>
>>> Raw RDF: use the export at http://covid.geog.ucsb.edu:7200/graphs
>>>
>>> Please keep in mind that we are constantly changing the data and even
>>> the underlying ontology; things will break at times.
>>>
>>> We hope this can be another initiative for our community to contribute
>>> to such a global challenge. Any suggestions and/or interests of
>>> collaborations are *most* welcome.
>>>
>>> Krzysztof
>>
>> Great stuff !
>>
>> I'll digest in the coming hours re exposure and integration into some of
>> the pieces we've been putting together etc..
>

> Sounds great. just keep in mind that we are not merely turning some
> other data into triples, we are also integrating the data and
> enriching them as good as we can. Unfortunately that breaks out graph
> at times. If data like routes or regions are missing, check again the
> next day :-).
>

> Krzysztof

Yes, that's what we are all doing in different guises (I hope!).

For instance, we've focused on  emerging sources with regards to
progressively updating the LOD Cloud via Linked Data i.e., lots of URIs
that offer follow-your-nose pathways into the Giant Global Graph etc..

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com