10 Use Cases for Trust on the Web using LOD

From: Henry Story <henry.story@gmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2020 17:11:48 +0100
To: public-lod@w3.org
Hi all,

    ”Trust is the Oil of the Future” someone wrote
recently [1].
And so the question is how does one rebuild trust when,
at a global scale, peer to peer connections by themselves
cannot be enough. How can people who retweet some info
about say Covid19 know that the information comes from a
trusted  source? Indeed how do you know?

  I put together 10 use cases as to how Linked Data can
help here that cover everything from trusting small web sites,
to stopping phishing, to stemming fake news, helping
anchor verifiable claims, as well as help build less intrusive
interfaces for GDPR.

https://medium.com/@bblfish/use-cases-for-the-web-of-nations-361c24d5eaee

I’d be interested in any comments on this, and look forward to
adding any ideas that I may have missed.

Henry Story

[1] https://twitter.com/GarethPresch/status/1239144639782891520