Re: Request for volunteer authors

On 7/25/20 10:34 PM, Arvind Padmanabhan wrote:
> Hi Kingsley,
>
> Thanks for taking time to give useful feedback.
>
> On Sat, Jul 25, 2020 at 10:48 PM Kingsley Idehen
> <kidehen@openlinksw.com <mailto:kidehen@openlinksw.com>> wrote:
>
>     1. How are inaccuracies addressed, since the excerpt above
>     comprises a lot of factual inaccuracies
>
> Devopedia is modelled on Wikipedia. Naturally, it inherits some of
> Wikipedia's problems. Since the platform is collaborative, we rely on
> people to either point out errors to authors or improve the article,
> after discussing the changes with current authors via the chat
> channel. Authors are expected to include citations to back their
> statements. Readers can verify by looking at the source. In fact, the
> first paragraph of the excerpt cites an article by Tim Berners-Lee.
> Authors could have still misinterpreted the source.

The notion of a Global Semantic Web (Knowledge Graph these days),
Machine Learning, and AI are complimentary and interlinked pieces of a
bigger puzzle. Thus, describing them as mutually exclusive is quite
inaccurate.

>     2. Is a Query Service access point for the data behind these pages
>     e.g., just as we have SPARQL endpoints for DBpedia that are also
>     conduits to a larger LOD Cloud Knowledge Graph?
>
> Not at the moment. Content is researched manually by authors. However,
> when citing references we make use of semantic markup in HTML to pick
> out author name, title, date of publication, etc. We use Chicago
> Manual of Style (Author-Date) format for our references.

If you enhance the JSON-LD embedded in each of these HTML doc by using
existing Entity URIs from the LOD Cloud your Web Site would integrate
more naturally with the LOD Cloud Knowledge Graph :)

*Related*

[1]
https://medium.com/virtuoso-blog/what-is-the-linked-open-data-cloud-and-why-is-it-important-1901a7cb7b1f
-- What is the LOD Cloud, and why is it important?

[2]
https://medium.com/virtuoso-blog/what-is-small-data-and-why-is-it-important-fbf5f267884
-- What is Small Data, and why is it important?

[3]
https://medium.com/@kidehen/simple-linked-data-deployment-tutorial-using-json-ld-notation-3e753a5d44a3
-- Simple Linked Data Deployment using JSON-LD

> Regards,
> Arvind

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software