Re: Request for volunteer authors

On 7/25/20 12:54 AM, Arvind Padmanabhan wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> At Devopedia, we've a published article on Semantic
> <https://devopedia.org/semantic-web>Web
> <https://devopedia.org/semantic-web>. We're looking for volunteers who
> can help write the following related articles:
>
>   * Linked Open Data
>   * Web Ontology Language
>   * Resource Description Framework
>   * Semantic Search
>   * SPARQL
>
> The following links may help:
>
>   * Author Guidelines <https://devopedia.org/site-map/author-guidelines>
>   * About Devopedia <https://devopedia.org/site-map/about-devopedia>
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Regards,
> Arvind Padmanabhan
> Trustee, Devopedia Foundation

Arvind,

Nice effort, the JSON-LD structured data island embedded inside HTML is
a great touch.

A few questions, based on the following excerpt:

"Semantic Web doesn't make machines intelligent in the sense of
Artificial Intelligence or Machine Learning. Instead of asking machines
to understand humans, we help machines to solve well-defined problems on
well-defined data via well-defined operations.

It therefore does appear that AI/ML has gone ahead and enabled machines
to see, hear and speak. The mid-2010s have seen the arrival of voice
assistants, chatbots, computer vision applications, and more. This has
been possible because of the availability of data to train ML
algorithms. Though some ML algorithms require some data to be tagged or
labelled for training, there's no need to add semantic metadata to all
data in the manner of the Semantic Web."

1. How are inaccuracies addressed, since the excerpt above comprises a
lot of factual inaccuracies

2. Is a Query Service access point for the data behind these pages e.g.,
just as we have SPARQL endpoints for DBpedia that are also conduits to a
larger LOD Cloud Knowledge Graph?

Founder & CEO
OpenLink Software
Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com