Re: Open Source Tooling for Accessing API Endpoint via SPARQL Federation

Hello Thomas

On 01.12.2020 12:31, Hubauer, Thomas wrote:
> I am looking for some free tool that I can use to federate a SPARQL
> query (using e.g. the SERVICE statement) to (at least) one API endpoint
> (which can be a REST endpoint, or maybe also OData). Alternatively, it
> would also be OK to have a “wrapper” that facades the API endpoint as a
> SPARQL endpoint so I can use standard SPARQL federation.
>
> I am aware that there’s some commercial capabilities (e.g. Ephedra in
> metaphactory, but also features in full-stack tools such as Anzo) – but
> is there anything free that you know? Any help appreciated!

I'm not aware of any free tool that would solve your problem. But you
could try to build it.

One approach that could work out is using comunica [0]. Either by
implementing the adapters for your existing APIs as actors [1] or as
RDFJS Source [2][3].

0: https://comunica.dev/
1:
https://github.com/comunica/examples/tree/master/packages/actor-rdf-resolve-quad-pattern-api-weather