Re: Release of SAGE 1.0: a stable, responsive and unrestricted SPARQL query server

On 9/8/18 4:23 AM, Pascal Molli wrote:
> Dear Kingsley,
>
> We detail how, and in which context, we achieved the SaGe result in:
>
>     Thomas Minier, Hala Skaf-Molli, Pascal Molli. SaGe: Preemptive
>     Query Execution for
>     High Data Availability on the Web. 2018. 〈hal-01806486
>     <https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01806486v1>〉

Hi Pascal,

You re making claims that are best verified in a live environment i.e.,
one of the fundamental virtues of a SPARQL endpoint.

We have many live endpoints:

[1] http://dbpedia.org/sparql
[2] http://dbpedia-live.openlinksw.com/sparql
[3] http://linkeddata.uriburner.com/sparql
[4] http://lod.openlinksw.com/sparql

many others published by others.

We even share documents regarding configuration [1].

> The result is confirmed with extensive benchmarks with Virtuoso, TPF
> and BrTPF.
> The paper details how to re-run the experimentations.

No, you are observations from a setup constructed by you. I am
requesting that you demonstrate your claims via a live SPARQL endpoint,
not a paper. I am requesting this for a specific reason, so can you
provide this or not?

> To improve data availability for end-users, we optimized the SaGe
> server for
> public LOD servers with read-only datasets. SaGe  preempts running
> queries at low cost to provide a stable, responsive and unrestricted
> service
> in this context.
>
> The "Anytime Query" capability of a Virtuoso server is great but does
> not ensure complete
> answers.

Again, until you provide a live SPARQL endpoint you will not actually
understand why "Anytime Query" actually exists i.e., you "..is great but
does not ensure complete answers" speaks for itself.

> If you need more details about our results, we will be happy to share
> with you what we
> observed on Virtuoso.

Can you provide a live SPARQL endpoint or not?

Kingsley

> --
> Pascal

Founder & CEO