Re: Release of SAGE 1.0: a stable, responsive and unrestricted SPARQL query server

On 9/7/18 9:44 AM, Pascal Molli wrote:

> Dear Semantic Web, Linked Data Community,
>

> We are proud to announce the release of SAGE 1.0, a stable, responsive
> and unrestricted SPARQL query server [1]. The software and an online
> demo are freely available at:
>

> http://sage.univ-nantes.fr/

Hi Pascal,

Congrats!

> Compared to public SPARQL endpoints, SAGE is stable and responsive
> without quotas.

What does that mean?

> SAGE is able to deliver complete results for any SPARQL query. The
> Sage engine outperforms a Virtuoso server in term of execution time
> when the server load increases.

What does that mean?

How can I or anyone else verify this claim?

What is your live SPARQL Query Service endpoint URI?

> Compared to the Linked Data Fragment approach, SAGE outperforms a TPF
> server in term of execution time, communication costs and data
> transfers by several order of magnitude by processing BGP on the
> server side.
>

> Experimental results and more details are available in [1].

Do you offer a live SPARQL endpoint?  I am eager to test your claims.

> We encourage you to run complex queries on RDF datasets available on
> the demo server and check performance (many presets queries are
> available).
>

> We appreciate your feedback/comments/questions to be sent to our
> mailing list [2] or our issue tracker on github [3].
>

> On behalf of the Sage team,
>
> ---
>
> Pascal Molli, Hala-Skaf-Molli, Thomas Minier - GDD Team
> <https://sites.google.com/site/gddlina/home>, LS2N
> <https://www.ls2n.fr/?lang=en>, University of Nantes
> <http://www.univ-nantes.fr/>.
>

> [1] Thomas Minier, Hala Skaf-Molli, Pascal Molli. SaGe: Preemptive
> Query Execution for High Data Availability on the Web. 2018.
> https://hal.archives-ouvertes.fr/hal-01806486v1
>

> [2] sage@univ-nantes.fr <mailto:sage@univ-nantes.fr>
>

> [3] https://github.com/sage-org/sage-engine/issues

Founder & CEO