RE: A new release of EVENTSKG (2018-11) dataset

Hi Said,

On Thursday, November 29, 2018 12:40 PM, Said Fathalla [mailto:sm.fathalla@gmail.com] wrote:

> A new release of EVENTSKG (2018-11) dataset
> Dear All,
> we are happy to announce the new release of EVENTSKG [1] 2018-11 dataset. The
> new release is based on based on the updated version of SEO ontology, as a
> reference ontology for event metadata representation, leading to richer and cleaner
> data. Currently, EVENTSKG contains 73 event series ( i.e. 75% additional event
> series) belonging to eight CS communities identified using ACM Computing
> Classification System: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Software and its engineering
> (SE), world wide Web (WEB), Security and privacy (SEC), Information systems (IS),
> Computer systems organization (CSO), Human-Centered Computing (HCC) and
> Theory of Computation (TOC) (two more communities have been added, i.e. HCC
> and TOC). Events are linked by research fields, hosting country, and publishers. The
> dataset is publicly available online [3,4] in four different formats (i.e. CSV, Turtle,
> JSON and RDF/XML). The dataset is also available on Datahub
> (https://datahub.ckan.io/dataset/eventskg ).

Thanks for publishing this, it's an interesting dataset (particularly for us as a national library where weg et publications related to many of those events).

Browsing through the data I noticed two things:

1) There seem to be some inconsistencies in the data. In the Turtle file [1] on lines 849 (AAMAS2005) and 869 (AAMAS2006 and probably elsewhere, too), the values of conference-ontology:endDate are given without quotation marks and datatypes which upsets my turtle parser...
2) What I expected should be named CSCW2017 [2] is for some reason named CSCW2017W [3]. Is that on purpose?

[1] https://github.com/saidfathalla/EVENTSKG-Dataset/blob/master/EVENTKG_R2.ttl

[2] http://purl.org/events_ds/CSC2017 (nonexistent...)
[3] http://purl.org/events_ds/CSC2017W

Best,