Re: IOS Press Launches Linked Data Portal

On 2018-04-10 18:18, Krzysztof Janowicz wrote:
> Yes, exactly. IMHO, there are two big next steps. First, getting
> authoritative data providers to publish their own data as Linked Data
> instead of us as research community triplifiying their data. This is the
> only way to ensure maintenance and quality on the long term. Second,
> simplifying the interaction with Linked Data to integrate it into
> internal as well as external workflows. I hate to say it, but many of
> our technologies and KR languages are too complicated. Finally, ideally,
> we would try to take the data from IOS, Springer, Elsevier, and so forth
> and show the value proposition of Linked Data in action by designing
> interesting services on top of them. This could be in the form of a
> challenge or workshop. As IOS Press has also published document
> embeddings and linked them to the papers, such services can use very
> rich data. To some degree our Linked Data Scientometrics are such a service.

Do you think that it may be more efficient, affordable, and reasonable
to create and publish our own Linked Data, instead of:

* giving our data to a third-party;
* triplifying "their" data and having it available from their platform;
* conducting further research and building dependency to their platform

-Sarven
http://csarven.ca/#i