Re: What Happened to the Semantic Web?

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@miscoranda.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2017 12:16:04 +0100
To: John Erickson <olyerickson@gmail.com>
Cc: Martynas Jusevičius <martynas@atomgraph.com>, SW-forum Web <semantic-web@w3.org>, public-lod <public-lod@w3.org>, www-archive <www-archive@w3.org>
> This is a narrow definition of "technological superiority."

Not really--I know it's complex. You'll probably be interested in the
more detailed comparison that I just made in a separate thread, in
discussion with one of the authors of the SPARQL recommendation:

https://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/semantic-web/2017Oct/0059.html

But it's more complex than even outlined there. This rabbit hole goes
very deep. If anybody has some actual further findings, please do add
them to that other thread.

N3QL as Betamax made me laugh. Windows was thought by some to be
inferior to Linux, BSD, the Mac OSes, or BeOS, etc., and people
wondered why Windows won. Now we have Linux as the basis for every
Android device, not to mention the basis of most modern servers, so
maybe your analogy has a twist in the tale?
--
Sean B. Palmer, http://inamidst.com/sbp/