Re: Unacceptable (was...)

I understand the frustration Miel. I had a private message from someone
else saying exactly the same thing.

My conflict is that if I don't include the list then it's no longer a
public statement. In a recent case I was able to point to two previous
archived occasions the spammer had been told their actions were
unacceptable and therefore, no, we wouldn't be removing the block after
their third message.

Our systems team tells me that automatic blocking isn't possible
(although I'll share this with them again and check). Basically we want
the list to be as open as possible and used for technical discussion so
there's a limit to what we can do. It's worth saying that several times
a week there are messages that do get blocked (I have a dashboard that
lets me block mails from people not subscribed to the list).

sending the 'unacceptable' replies for now. The number of CfPs posted
here has fallen dramatically, which was the intention of course. We'll
see whether not making my replies public is as effective.

Cheers

Phil

--

Phil Archer