Re: Swagger JSON Docs & Linked Data

good evening;

> On 2017-07-02, at 21:48, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:
>
> On 6/30/17 12:17 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:
>> On 6/29/17 7:03 AM, Gray, Alasdair J G wrote:
>>> Hi Martynas
>>>
>>> The Linked Data Templates look like a really interesting way of
>>> getting a read/write data web. However, I’m unclear whether you
>>> support data returned in non-RDF serialisations, e.g. CSV, or JSON.
>>>
>>> […]
>>> It would be a huge limitation of the Linked Data Templates if they
>>> did not support serialising to CSV, JSON, etc.
>>>
>>> […]
>>
>> Hi Alasdair,
>>
>> Have you considered using OpenAPI (nee Swagger) to document your APIs?
>> Doing that would provide another point of intersection between "Web
>> Developers" and "Semantic Web Developers" .
>>

>> [1]
>> https://medium.com/openlink-software-blog/swagger-the-api-economy-rest-linked-data-and-a-semantic-web-9d6839dae65a
>> -- Swagger, the API Economy, REST, Linked Data, and a Semantic Web
>>
>> Kingsley
>

> Alasdair,
>
> I've located the JSON-based Swagger doc I inquired about. Once again,
> this brings discovery to the fore i.e., adopting any combination of the
> following to aid structured data discovery:
> […]

from my reading of martynas’ document, this misses the point which linked data templates (ldt) intends to make.

wrt encoding, that is a protocol-level matter, for which http and content negotiation provide adequate support independent of the mechanisms proposed for ldt.

wrt to discovery and api introspection, while any thing which facilitates manual comprehension is valuable, ldt concerns a means to drive the implementation from the specification, not specifically its comprehension.
a cross-over between swagger and the ldt specification language sounds like something interesting, but does not directly concern the ldt facilities themselves.

best regards, from berlin,
---
james anderson | james@dydra.com | http://dydra.com