Re: Inventory of scientific, technology, industry and library coding systems converted into ontologies, quality assurance and benchmarks for suchs

Thanks.
 Milton Ponson
GSM: +297 747 8280
PO Box 1154, Oranjestad
Aruba, Dutch Caribbean
Project Paradigm: Bringing the ICT tools for sustainable development to all stakeholders worldwide through collaborative research on applied mathematics, advanced modeling, software and standards development

    On Tuesday, August 29, 2017 2:51 AM, "Svensson, Lars" <L.Svensson@dnb.de> wrote:

 Hi Milton,

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 6:21 PM, ProjectParadigm-ICT-Program [mailto:metadataportals@yahoo.com] wrote:

> For an inventory of readily available tools that are needed to create ontologies for use
> in ICT for Development tools for global UN programs, we would like to know which
> programs, projects, websites, wikis etc. list classification, categorization, universal
> coding systems used in science, technology, industry, manufacturing and library
> systems that have already been converted into (standardized) ontologies, and where
> we can find general and domain specific quality assurance and bench marking tools for
> such?

Have you looked at Bartoc (Basel Registry of Thesauri, Classifications and Ontologies) [1]? They list many knowledge organisation systems from the library domain and beyond.

[1] http://www.bartoc.org/

Best,

Lars