Re: Are cool URIs for life?

On 27 April 2017 at 14:24, Sarven Capadisli <info@csarven.ca> wrote:

> Are "cool URIs don't change" for life?
>
> Would the policing of this fall under the jurisdiction of pedantic-web?
>
> Discuss.
>
> Aside: Please help me decide on this burning issue that I've been
> putting off: https://twitter.com/csarven/status/857569335908454401

COOL URIs dont change.

That means there is a cost associated with changing URIs.  This cost is
typically under estimated.  Having made the switch from HTTP to HTTPS
myself I can say it's been more painful that I thought.

It's a pity that HTTP was not made secure rather than the multi decade and
disruptive process of rolling out a new URI scheme, ie HTTPS.

Now the web, like airports, have a security tax.  And security enforcers
assigned to keep us safe.  It's possible that this is inevitable with most
popular media systems.