Re: CFP: First International Workshop on Reproducible Open Science (RepScience 2016)

Dear Sarven,

I was missing so much your reply e-mails to the lists ;-) Thanks for your
contribution, which I was expecting.

Indeed, any type of contribution will more than appreciated, especially
since you probably have very interesting things to say wrt reproducibility
and open science, so I am really looking forward to your contribution to
the workshop. We do not mind about the format that you use as much as
about having interesting contributions that can foster discussion during
the workshop and have an impact in the community.

Please, also consider that not all publications need to be ³reproducible²
(even in this type of workshop), since not all of them talk about
experiments (there are many categories of papers that we scientists
produce and do not fall into that category, and are still very valid
pieces of research), and that there are many forms of reproducibility that
go beyond writing papers in HTML and annotating them with RDF (which I do
myself in many occasions without necessarily sending those URIs to every
mailing list recipient). There are many people who are working towards
facilitating reproducibility of experiments that may also see that the
approach that you propose is too narrow and does not always adhere to how
science is communicated in their domains.

That said, we would be really happy to have your team¹s contributions and
views in the workshop, since this type of discussion may be very valuable,
for the potential audience and for your team. In fact, it will be held in
a place geographically closed to the place where you work, where you can
travel by train.

Best regards,
  Oscar

--