Re: Where are the Linked Data Driven Smart Agents (Bots) ?

On 6 July 2016 at 17:22, Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com> wrote:

> All,
>
> Smart Agents and Bots are now hot topics across the industry at large.
>
> Bearing in mind years of knowledge and experience this community has in
> regards to Bots and Smart Agents [1], are there any Linked Data driven
> Smart Agents out there?
>
> Personally, I believe this new wave of interest in Bots provides a great
> opportunity to showcase the value proposition of a Semantic Web build
> using Linked Open Data.

Let's think about an architecture for this.

At the heart of the smart agent I think you need a priority based queue of
jobs.

There will be a number of interfaces to read and write to this queue,
ideally one of which is HTTP.

It should be able to discover other nodes and talk to them in a common
language (Linked Data)

It should be able to add jobs and request jobs from other nodes.

A incentives based system should help prioritze the jobs (this is exactly
the function of bitcoin btw) -- this can also be linked data based

The bots should be able to interact with knowledge bases (their own and
remote) -- querying, syncing, posting

The bots should do useful things like distributed multi media search,
entertainment, unexpected discovery, advocacy, games etc.  Simple demos
should mock this up.

The bots should run anywhere, easily down loadable, as an app etc.

Ultimately the smart agents should generate revenue for those that have
opted in.  Providing a basic income for anyone that wants it.