Re: Astronomy meets Semantic Web/Linked Data?

Just a general message to say thank you for all the pointers on/off
list. The general consensus seems to be that there are certainly
opportunities for applying SW/LD techniques to Astronomy, and there are
a variety of people in the community with backgrounds and interests in
both areas, and indeed a number of people are active in this
intersection (though more in the sense of isolated projects).

Ismael and I will explore this intersection further towards defining a
possible masters topic applying some SW/LD techniques in a manner that
has a real value proposition in the area. I understand though that from
Kjetil's experience, this may be trickier than it first appears. :)

Best and thanks,
Aidan