Re: Are there any datasets about companies? ( DBpedia Open Data Initiative)

Hi Chris,

> However, making sense of this data is very, very time consuming, not
> to mentioned writing and maintaining bots  (we now have hundreds and
> hundreds of them) to scrape jurisdictions that aren't open data (the
> vast majority) takes significant resources, and we don't see any way
> of sustaining this on a CC-BY licence.
a) is the code for these bots somewhere?
b) we hope to find a way to maintain it this time. DBpedia has received
funding via http://smartdataweb.de/ and also http://aligned-project.eu/
We are also currently  working on a charter for an non-profit
association that is committed to keep all data open under cc-by (we are
accepting donations, membership fees among other things)

> I could also write a book about corporate identifiers, and the issues
> with those on the list (but don't have time).
We are writing such a book* in parallel, do you want to help?
Sebastian

*= well it's just a paper