Re: Enterprise information system

On 3/2/15 6:56 PM, Paul Tyson wrote:
> Kingsley,
>
> I admire and respect your enthusiastic, tireless efforts at
> evangelization and your fluent command of the relevant technologies in
> this area. I mostly agree with your diagnosis and prescriptions, but I
> have a growing suspicion that it is not sufficient to meet the real ICT
> needs of the enterprise.

Paul,

In my experience, Linked Open Data exploitation is meeting real ICT
needs (creation and dissemination of information & knowledge, throughout
the enterprise). Generally, challenges typically arise in the following
areas:

1. Matching Linked Open Data value proposition narratives to real ICT
needs -- a communications issue
2. Implementation approaches that build on what exists rather than
covertly pushing a "rip and replace" agenda -- an understanding of
enterprise culture and investment realities issue.

[1]
http://kidehen.blogspot.com/2015/03/configuring-odbc-dsn-for-world-wide-web.html
-- using Linked Open Data to showcase the Web as just another ODBC
accessible RDBMS (this exemplifies tweaking existing IT infrastructure
by enabling exising ODBC applications take advantage of Linked Open Data).

Kingsley