Re: [Dbpedia-discussion] Advancing the DBpedia ontology

Hello Vladimir,

On Sun, Jan 25, 2015 at 08:41:23PM +0200, Vladimir Alexiev wrote:
> MB> How will you address the problem that these changes could break existing applications?
[...]
> These are very relevant questions, so changes should not be done willy-nilly.
> But for many broken cases, I feel we shouldn't be hand-bound by considerations of "backward compatibility".

I agree.

I was thinking about deprecated classes and properties. It would be nice if
they are kept dereferencable and - where possible - declared as superclass/
superproperties of active classes and properties.

BTW: How often do the A-box URIs (Wikipedia URLs) change?

If this happens often: What happens in DBpedia then? I guess Wikipedia
redirects the old URL to the new one for a while and DBpedia reflects this in
some way?

Regards,

Michael Brunnbauer

--