Re: linked open data and PDF

On Wed, 2015-01-21 at 17:16 +0000, Norman Gray wrote:

> (also it's not even really about XMP; there are all sorts of ways of
>  scraping metadata out of objects and turning it into something which
>  an RDF parser can read, and from that point you can start being
>  imaginative.  This is of course stupidly obvious to everyone on this
>  list, but it's an aha! that many people haven't got yet).

GRDDL, anyone? [1]

I think the GRDDL spec was too narrowly scoped to XML resources. The
concept is simple and ingenious, and applicable to any type of resource.
Many years ago, inspired by the then-new GRDDL spec) I built a modest
RDF gleaning framework for tracing software requirements through
development and testing. It gleaned from requirements documents and
functional specification (in MS Word format), design documents (in TeX),
source code (c++), test results (in XML), and probably also plain text
(csv) and MS Excel.

Regards,
--Paul

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/REC-grddl-20070911/