Re: linked open data and PDF

Larry

How about HTTP Link headers (RFC 5988) to convey links and metadata expressed as links when serving PDFs? I can imagine an authoring tool embedding the info in XMP. But I have a harder time imagining a consumer application that would want to read the info via XMP.

How about a web server add-on that can extract (and map/transform.) the info from the XMP container as the PDF is being served. And stuff it all in the HTTP Link header on the fly.

Cheers

Herbert